Wednesday, March 13, 2013

M.A.C Mineralize Moisture SPA 15 Foundation

              M.A.C Mineralize Moisture SPA 15 Foundation

About six months ago I decided to try my first M.A.C foundation, Studio Fix Plus  (see post here) , ever since I've been a fan of M.A.C. Recently I heard about the new M.A.C. foundation coming out, but wasn't sure if I would be able to wear it with my oily skin (Studio Fix Plus is for more oily skin types). I decided to stop by my local M.A.C counter last week to have them try it on me. *Funny aside: She put on moisturizer first and then applied the foundation. Well this foundation literally feels like water drops being patted on the skin so I thought she was still putting on moisturizer when she was putting on the foundation. I actually asked if she had started with foundation yet. She got a pretty good laugh out of that but did say she can see why I thought that. First impression of it really blew me away, I love the dewy finish it has and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of coverage. I was matched at NC15 and its the perfect match for me, I think this one is a bit lighter than the Studio Fix Plus, since it seems to have a touch more yellow tint to it (it still blends well).

Packaging





Pretty standard packaging, but I do like that they included a pump.

Consistency 

The consistency is unique compared to most foundations--it is runny but not sheer in color if that makes sense at all.  For example Urban Decay's naked skin (See Urban Decay Naked Skin blog here) is runny in consistency and somewhat sheer due its formula.



Rubbed in a little--it has a semi-dewy finish.  
 This is dotted on my face and then smeared a bit with my fingers.  I wanted to show the finish, even after rubbed in it has a dewy appearance.


How it wears

It feels very moist when applying it, it literally feels like I'm putting water on my face,  I absolutely love this!  The finish is dewy but not overly shinny. I was a bit worried about how it would do on my oily skin, I've also never tried foundation that wasn't matte in finish for this reason.  I went to M.A.C. counter to have them try it on my to make sure it wouldn't literally melt off of my skin (yes, I've had this happen--gotta love oily skin, not!)  I wore it roughly 8 hours after they applied it with no primmer or powder added, and to my surprise it was exactly how they put it for the most part.  I say for the most part because I'm sure some wore off in that point but there were no oily spots or areas that needed touching up. I decided to really put it to the test by applying it myself the next day with no primmer or powder.  Again it stayed in place for he most part the entire day.  I'm beyond impressed at how well it holds up because it definitely does not have a matte finish.  I've always liked the dewy finish look of foundation but up until now I haven't been able to wear it---I've had a couple of fails with this finish such as Loreal Lumi foundation. The Lumi foundation went on really nicely but didn't stay on very long.  I've played with it everyday since I've gotten it so the next day I did my regular routine (Primmer--smashbox photofinish on this day, and powder--Bare Minerals pressed mineral veil) and a touch of Bare Minerals concealer)  and was really pleased with how it came together to create pretty close to a flawless look.

I could go on and on (if you've read any of my posts you know I'm long winded) but instead i'll sum it up by saying this oily skinned girl was able to wear it.  I think it would work for most skin types but I would suggest  getting a sample first to make sure it works for you.


Before vs. After Comparisons

Sorry for the lighting difference between some of the before and after pictures.  I wanted to post several different angles/pictures to show the coverage.  M.A.C. claims the foundation has a blur effect over imperfections, I would say that's true.  Instead of blabbing on I'll let you decide from the pictures.  















 



I said I wouldn't comment on every photo bu wanted to comment here (lol) just to say that I love how it blurs out imperfections .  Even when my acne isn't acting up I have marks from it.  I love how they are hardly noticeable  when using this.

 

Full Face


Foundation only, no powder or concealer


Foundation only---no powder or concealer



Foundation only--no powder or concealer.  The lighting is a little off on this one but it shows the dewy finish somewhat so I wanted to add it.
Foundation with BM translucent powder, no concealer, and a little Tarte blush.

Final Thoughts 


I Love this foundation! I love how it wears and even more I love the radiant look it gives my skin.  I'm definitely becoming a M.A.C. fan.

If you give it a try I would love to hear your thoughts/opinions.


Thanks for reading

Em :)



                       








No comments:

Post a Comment