Saturday, September 8, 2012

Foundation Recap

I have very fair, oily skin, that randomly breaks out so my focus is on covering up the acne, matching my skin, and finding the right formula for my oily skin type. I have a cool skin tone which means I have pink undertones.   I've tried quiet a few drug store and high end foundations. I have figured out that Alabaster is the best match for me.  I can also wear Ivory but it depends on the brand, I've found their isn't much consistency between the various brands.  The Ivorys that tend to match are made for pink undertones such as Tarte's Amazionian Clay in Ivory.  

Drug Store Favorites

Loreal True Match - C1 Alabaster
CoverGirl Nature Luxe - Alabaster
Revlon PhotoReady- Ivory 001
Almay Clear Complexion - Ivory 100

High End Favorites

bareMinerals - Fair Matte
Tarte Amazionian Clay - Ivory with pink undertones
MAC Studio Fix Fluid - NC15


For drug store make-up I like TM and NL the best because they come in Alabaster shade.  I've found alabaster is the best match for my skin.  I also like PR and CC because their ivory shades are a good match for me.

For high end make-up I've been lucky to like the three that I've tried to far.  All three have an excellent coverage without being too heavy.  Also the match is spot on for all of them.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any questions.


~Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment