Saturday, September 8, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation

I had high hopes of this foundation when it first came out, unfortunately it falls flat.  I picked it up in Ivory 110.  Similar to the regular ColorStay the match is off for me, but more so with this one. I could be crazy but this one seems to have a blue/grey tint to it. I can't get it to blend very well into my skin. Also I've noticed that it turns to water--I took a picture of it.  I haven't had this long at all--about two weeks when this happened.


Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation in Ivory 110


This was a brand new container, used it once and then put it into the drawer.  Came back to it about two weeks later and there was literally water to pour out.  No idea what happened.  I actually have two of these foundations and both did the same thing (I bought the second one after the first did this, I thought it must have been something I did, I also really wanted to like this foundation).

Before



Without vs. With 

                                             Without                           With

The with picture shows the discoloration/poor match.  It has a weird grey/beige tint to it.  The coverage isn't bad but match is off for me.
                                              Without                        With


Full Make-Up


Ignore my crazy hair please.  I finally got it blended in decently but its way too much effort to make it look halfway decent.

Lol.  I look so sad in this picture.  I really did have high hopes for this foundation so the face is pretty accurate.  

Bottom Line

I would not recommend this foundation, aside from the bad match for me it has a weird issue with turning into water.  Hopefully they will re-do it later on.  Or maybe I'm experiencing a freak thing, who knows?  For now I'm going to pass on future whipped line products. 

I would love to hear from others that have tried this foundation.

~Em




No comments:

Post a Comment